Very few organizations have constant monitoring of their user performance so it is difficult to appreciate the value of collecting a complete usage history over time. To oversimplify, the key benefits of accumulating usage data fall into two buckets.
Constant Change requires complete Visibility
Without the completeness of ongoing data;
- Causes of user performance issues are hidden and cannot be addressed quickly enough.
- Results of remediation actions are obscured preventing real-time course corrections
Valuable Decisions require More Confidence
Difficult and costly decisions suffer from a lack of supporting data, when squeaky wheels and myths prevail this lead to costly mistakes or even worse: decision-making paralysis.
Completeness of coverage coupled with long data capture time horizons leads to;
- Higher credibility with stakeholders on big ticket and strategic decisions
- Improved risk management, lowers the probability of making false and wrong choices.
Real World Examples
- Eliminated $500K development project by teaching 70% of the user base how to copy Power User workflow
- Identified non-compliant CRM usage to reduce revenues losses $200K per quarter
- Uncovered/removed material coverage gaps in QA environment of Financial Application
- Reduced / delayed payments to support vendor by proving real user experience impacts of poor support
- Reduced the cost of audit compliance by monitoring critical transactions during month-end close
- Reduce change management delivery costs by identifying user adoption risks from 12 months of usage
- Restructured user access rights to reduce business risks and avoid $1million in software maintenance charges